Friday, January 11, 2013

Five on Friday: Five Things I Should Have Asked For Christmas

I'm sure you enjoy those days off at Christmas time just as much as I do.  We took two weeks off of school starting December 21st.  What an awesome two weeks it was.  We slept in.  We watched movies.  We played the wii.  We had playdates.  We took naps.  We ate cookies.  It was a very UNstressful time.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

We started back to school this past Monday.  And it was "back to life, back to reality" in a very unpleasant way.  As I'm still adjusting to the decreased sleep and increased responsibility associated with my normal routine, I'm realizing what I should have asked for Christmas.

1.  a sledgehammer -
You know.  To bash my alarm clock when it tells me to wake up.  I mean who gets up before 8am? 
Or to remind my computer that I am smarter than it is.  Because I AM smarter than it is. 
Or to shut up that noise-making toy I put in my son's Christmas stocking.  What was I thinking? 

My computer probably wouldn't have given him that toy.  Maybe I'm not smarter than my computer.

2.  clothes -
I didn't ask for clothes this year, but I should have.  Then it wouldn't matter that I haven't done laundry in weeks.  And I could continue to ignore the ever-growing pile of dirty clothes that is almost as tall as I am.

3.  a plane ticket - Because my best friend just moved from Kentucky to Kansas, making it a 16-hour road trip from my house to hers.  I'm not very good at traveling.  Four hours straight in a moving vehicle is about the maximum amount of time I can handle.  So you see, Kansas is just too far away.  It would take me four days to get there.   She wasn't able to come home for Christmas.  So we haven't been in the same room together since October, and probably won't be again until June.  This is much too long.  I am showing symptoms of withdrawal.  Depression.  Fatigue.  Crying fits.   This could also be attributed to the alarm clock issue mentioned in #1...  or the clothes issue mentioned in #2...  or the boys issue mentioned in #4...

4.  ear plugs- I homeschool my two boys, ages 8 and 10.  That means I am with them all the time.  ALL THE TIME!  And for some reason they are completely obsessed with making "gassy noises" ALL THE TIME.  I'm surrounded by crazy little people!

Another reason I could use that plane ticket.

5.  Dr. Pepper - Seriously, you can never have too much Dr. Pepper.  Dr. Pepper!  Give me the news!  I gotta BAD CASE of loving you!

It's a good thing my birthday is only 2 months away.  If you're wondering what to get me, any of the above items would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Barb J said...

Hi There have been no updates anywhere on Elisha,
I know here from Breast Cancer . org
I am Gingerbrew there. I don;t know how to find her sisters blog. I looked on Caring Bridge but couldn't findher. Probably because I don't know the name of the blog. If you can be any help I would appreciate it so much. I am old enough to be her Grandma but I just was so taken by her writing that I kept following. Thank you Barb