- There are two new babies in the Boyd clan. We welcomed Zoey (my first niece!) and Gabriel (my godson!).
- My younger brother was able to come home from serving in Iraq for the birth of his baby girl.
- We went to two Carolina games and the North Carolina Tarheels went on to win the 2009 NCAA National Championship ~ GO HEELS!!!
- Boyd Family Beach Trip ~ so much fun!!!!
- October scrapbook retreat... need I say more?
- We learned that my youngest son is still allergic to peanuts, peanut butter and all tree nuts. In fact, his allergies have gotten more severe over the last three years.
- My oldest son is still suffering from moderate to severe eczema. They keep telling me he is going to outgrow it, but he has yet to be free of this pain.
- Both of my boys spent a month battling impetigo, a very painful and very contagious skin infection.
- We all contracted H1N1, right at the time of my nephew's birth. Therefore, we weren't able to see him until he was almost one month old.
- My younger brother has had to spend the entire year away from his family and home with only a brief two week break.
- I have personally struggled with ongoing anxiety attacks.
- Keith's job has been soooo stressful this year.
- My MOPS group, which was once the highlight of my month, has faced too many challenges.
I realized as I am writing this that I sound like the man in the "Footprints" poem. Thankfully, I know that God has been carrying me this year. I am sad to say that I have not thanked Him enough. (Thank You GOD for carrying me through this year!)
Now, I refuse to leave this blog with all that negativity, because I plan to be more optimistic in 2010. So let me put a positive note to all those lows.
- At least we know what we are dealing with in terms of his allergies, especially as he starts school next August.
- While just as bad, his eczema "flare-ups" are not as often as they once were.
- It could have been much worse. Thankfully, it was not MRSA.
- He won't remember that I wasn't there for his birth. The important thing is that I'm there for him when he needs me now.
- He is coming home VERY soon.
- I have successfully weaned off of zoloft (the devil in pill-form).
- They did hire someone to help lighten Keith's workload.
- I have formed friendships that I know will last a lifetime.
I know that 2010 is going to be a better year. I don't doubt that Satan will throw obstacles in our way, just as he has in 2009. But I am becoming a stronger person. God is making me a stronger person. As I've said in previous blogs, I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.