Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ready, Set, Don't Go

So I know. I stole this title from Billy Ray Cyrus's hit song about his daughter growing up and leaving home. My children are only 7 and 5, so I have a few years before they will be packing up their stuff and waving good-bye. THANK GOD! However, I can totally relate to Billy Ray. You see, my youngest little one will be starting Kindergarten in August. And now that the new year has arrived, I HAVE to start preparing myself for what is to come. Registration is just around the corner, then I'll be taking him to the school for his assessment, then he'll be meeting his teacher and before I know it, I'll be packing two lunches! I'll drop them off, and then what? What will I do for those five days a week that I have my house all to myself for SIX HOURS! I'm terrified!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Marci, Well u know that anytime ur feeling lonely u can hang out with me, we could scrapbook, talk, walk or whatever the mood strikes us. I know this will b hard for u but u will also find urself enjoying ur alone time more and more. In fact u may even get to the point of 2 30 rolling around and b like do i have 2 go get them already? LOL =P Any time u need 2 talk just give me a call u know im here 4 ya. Luv ya girl. Joanna =)

mollyfrias said...

Marci, I feel the same way (even though I have a few more years til my Colten starts Kindergarten. Sometimes I want the kids to hurry up and move through a certain behavioral stage that they are going thru. But then I think "This is the last year (or so) that I will get this special time with Colten while I change his diapers". Just be glad that you get to stay home and enjoy them when they are at home. To steal another song title, Don't blink. Don't worry about what's coming in the fall. Just enjoy your time with him now.

BRAYpartyof4 said...

JoAnna ~ We are definitely going to have to set aside one day a week to scrap. That will be awesome! That will definitely make the time go faster.

Molly ~ You made me cry! You are so right! What a waste of time worrying about August. I need to enjoy January with my little man (and February through July). Thank you!