Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Meal Plan

If you know me at all, you know I have been dubbed the Queen of Organization.  

I love being organized.  And, as I say to those who have come into my home and marveled at my organized chaos, This is both a blessing and a curse.

I willingly admit, not only do I like to organize, but I also like to have things organized. 

Yes, there is a difference.  Let me explain...

First of all, I absolutely look forward to completing projects that require boxes, baskets, labels, etc...  One of my favorite possessions is my label maker.  I have labeled bins identifying the toys in my boys' rooms.  I have labeled baskets explaining what type of books are inside.  I have labeled almost every area, every cubby, every drawer, and every shelf in our homeschool room.  I have even labeled my boys' dresser drawers to help them in putting their clothes away.  These are examples of how I like to organize.  Each of these organizing projects have reaped blessings upon me in the form of declutter.

Now, I also like to have things organized.  This is where the curse comes in.  When things are not organized, and it is beyond my control to organize them, this completely stresses me out.  When we've had lots of events on our calendar, and I have been unable to keep up with the housework, I come completely unglued. When we are part of a group, and the leader suffers from attention-deficit-disorder, I want to throw a temper tantrum.  When I listen to a message, and there is no obvious flow or train-of-thought, I simply cannot focus.

So, to summarize, disorganization makes me crazy.  Organization keeps me in my happy place.

I know.  I'm a freak.

Perhaps my freakish organizational OCD can be helpful to you.

...

I was so embarrassed after yesterday's blog post about my day of unhealthy food choices, I decided to attempt an organized meal plan.  I am hoping that by organizing our food choices ahead of time, I will be more conscious of what I what I put on the table at meal times .  (Also, hopefully this will make us less likely to eat out three meals in one day.)

So here it is...


Morning Snack = Cereal
My boys LOVE cereal.  I don't to deprive them of this. Still, we will make healthier cereal choices.

Afternoon Snack = Pick a Stick from Snack Attack Jar
My plan is to write a lot of healthy snack options on popsicle sticks.  Put those stick in a decorated jar.  Let the boys pick a stick.  That's what our snack will be that day.

LUNCH - Sweet Saturday @ Gail's
Gail is my mother-in-law.  She is a saint.  She makes lunch for my family every Saturday.  Isn't that sweet?  Hence the "Sweet Saturday".  I love her.  :)


As you can see, I've tried to be realistic by not limiting us to 100% healthy meals.  However, I can guarantee, if I am able to stick to this menu plan, I will feel much better about what I am feeding my family.  

Please feel free to duplicate our meal plan and adapt it to your family's likes.

God bless!

Phil 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if your wife is like this and you need some entertainment, you can mess with her by putting kids in unmatching clothes, and putting unmatching lids on containers