Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My To-Do List

I'm one of those weird people who loves a to-do list.

Well, let me clarify.  Lest my husband read this and come home with a to-do list for me.

I love to create my own to-do list.  It allows me to organize my thoughts.  It provides a visual aid of my progress.  And I get an immediate sense of accomplishment with each check mark applied.

Sometimes I am so desperate to feel I've been productive, that I will write a list of things I've already done, just so I can mark everything off.  (I know.  I'm a freak.)

So, you might see where I'm going with this...

I've created a to-do list for my Journey to a Better Me.  More specifically, these are the areas of my life which "need improvement", and the steps I plan to take to accomplish betterness (I know.  It's still not a word, but I like it.)

My Relationship with Jesus

  • Pray before starting my day.
  • Engage in quiet time on a daily basis.
  • Listen to God-centered music.
  • Don't miss church.
  • Pray more when I am alone.
  • Memorize scripture.
  • Pray as my day is ending.
Better Health
  • Remember to take my medicine EVERYDAY.
  • Take necessary vitamins as directed.
  • Eat breakfast.
  • Stop drinking Dr. Pepper and other soft drinks.
  • Drink more water.
  • Eat out less.
  • Prepare healthy meals.
  • Engage in physical activity on a daily basis.
Better Housekeeping
  • Develop a cleaning schedule.
  • Assign chores.
  • Create chore checklists (for boys).
Productivity
  • Set alarm clock.
  • Limit television viewing.
  • Spend more time at home.

I'm sure I'll add more to this list as I continue this adventure.  For now, I have an idea of where to begin.  

Phil 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments: