Saturday, July 28, 2012

All Together

There are a few women in my life who seem to think I have it all-together.  Or at least they did until my most recent blog posts.

The fact that I homeschool, cook, and don't have a filthy dirty house amazes them.  While I bask in their praise and envy, their awe of my daily grind also makes me very uncomfortable.  Because I know what they don't know.

I don't have it all-together. 

...

Almost two weeks ago, I started this "Journey to a Better Me".  In response to my self-inflicted pep talks, to-do lists and openly honest lack of accomplishment, I have received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback.


Thank you for that. 


I realize I've struck a chord with many women my age.  I'm putting in writing, for all the world to see, what most of us are only thinking in our heads.

I don't have it all together.


While many of us struggle with consistent reminders of our ever-present imperfections, I would like to comfort you with this fact.  That woman who you are idolizing as the perfect wife, or the talented homemaker, or the all-inspiring supermom...  She doesn't have it all together either.

I know this because many of the women in my life, who I have put on that pedestal of flawlessness, have willingly stepped down to admit my view of them is only a mirage.

For these women, I am so thankful...

  • the woman who told me that she has always felt insecure about the fact that she provides no financial contribution to her household
  • the woman who expressed feelings of inadequacy every time she steps in her friend's house
  • the woman who admitted she forgets to pray
  • the woman who confessed to a satisfying addiction to Coca-Cola  ;)
  • the woman who called to tell me she too has faltered in her walk with Jesus
  • the woman who texted me a picture of her Morning Prayer Routine
Thank you so much for your honesty.  You are such a blessing to me.  You have encouraged me more than you'll ever know.

I am especially thankful for the woman who, the day after my first "Journey" blog post, reassured me that every woman feels the way I feel.  I didn't believe her at first.  But now I do.  I hope you do too.

While we may not have it "all-together", we are all together in this journey.  I find comfort in knowing I am not walking alone.

I pray this knowledge is comforting to you as well.

God bless!


Phil 4:13
I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments: